A border strip of woodland along Maple Ave
In 1928 Mary Dinsmoor gave the city 13 acreas of forest approximately 50 feet back from either side of Maple Avenue. Soon after the Faulkner and Colony firm added 8 acres to the park. The 1938 Hurricane took down most of the tall trees and the City replanted with red pines. In the spring watch for lady slippers in bloom and the larger white pines which pre-date 1938.
To get there: Go north on Court Street about one and 1/2 miles to Maple Avenue. Turn left onto Maple Avenue. Dinsmoor Woods is along the sides near Jonathan Daniels Elementary School.