A 15.4 acre wooded park
The park was created in 1890 when a stately grove of trees was threatened by development. Unfortunately the hurricane of 1938 leveled most of the original grove. The City replanted with red pines and a few hugh white pines are all that remain from the original woods. The park is mostly flat and criss-crossed with trails.
To get there: The park is located at the intersection of Park Avenue and Arch Street. Parking is available in Wheelock Park across Park Ave.